Friday, September 01, 2006

MABRA Age Graded RR Champs

This course was pretty cool. It was a pretty mellow course just kind of rolly. It had one kind of big hill at the beginning that was pretty much all that was notable. Using the pre reg list as my secret weapon I had gotten my hopes up for this race as not to many beasts were registered and was feeling pretty good lately. Although, when I arrived the pre reg list had failed me as many beasts were racing and just hadn't pre reged. The following people mainly led to my pre-race depression:

Curtis Winsor
Ben King
Stephen DeLisle
Fast Looking kid on TriPower

Although I put this behind and decided to just go on how I feel not my result. I felt great up the real hill and made it in the lead group, which was unfortunately followed by me and some other juniors getting dropped from the lead group. Although, I was still in the top ten, which was solid. I was sitting comfortable the whole time until a couple juniors attacked my group and I went with them and then it's just like I just ran out. I finished the race in 13th. I was frustrated with the number because I could've been top ten, but I'm happy because I felt good and made it up the hard hill in the lead group. I think I got fifth for 15-16 so that is decent.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate e flore said...

Yah, the problem with women's racing is no one ever pre-registers--you don't know what beasts you will have to contend with until you get to the line.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home